Biz Talk | Science and Art

28.8.20
Assalamualaikum & Hi everyone.

During this Covid-19 MCO, we can see many peoples start to do or join business. A lot of peoples affected by this pandemic and even there are workers lost their jobs. In this period, we need to survive and to make the survival works, we need money and it leads to whatever it takes, we need to do something to gain money. That's why, the rates of scammers and voice phishing are increase throughout this period. For myself, I already joint a business since last year. Even before the pandemic series, I keep spread the awareness for future preparation and prepare the worse, but most of them rejected it.

Okay, enough with the medium heavy intro.

So, last night I had a conversation with my leader and we kinda recapped our work through out the year. He asked me a question which is I really dislike this kind of question. Kikiki. He asked, "Zie, what's your strength?". Yaa, what an interview's question. Told ya. Hahaha. I answered, "You know, I'm an engineer and how science I am."

Let me be honest, doing a business, you must have both Science and Art

When I said science, it is about the numbers and manuals. For example, you learnt a few methods or given a book, then you stick to it. More like to book smart. You can follow all the instructions given but there's no art. But, doesn't mean there's no flexibility. We're not robots, just lack of arts.

When we doing a business, our clients/customers/prospects are human. We are dealing with a creature with different personalities, attitudes and backgrounds. Thus, we need arts to blend in, to have a conversation with them. Without a good communication or public relation (PR), it is hard to convince them. Orang kata, kena ada lenggok la.. And this weakness of me, I want to challenge it.

I am not an art person, how I can survive throughout a year in this business?

Thanks to my leader, he patiently to help and coach this stubborn lady. Hahaha. Even I'm not such an art person, I learnt and improved a lot with my PR skills. If I do not start something new, I never know what I am capable to do. I will never challenge myself. Thus, I proud with myself because I realize how my journeys in this business teach me to be who am I today and there are many things await ahead.


credit

It's okay if you don't know how to start. Even we're born without know how to talk, eat and walk. Everyone have their own baby steps. What is more important, ask yourself what kind of people who you wanna be? Me - I want to be someone who live a worth life.

Till then, bye

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. thank u for the word in last paragraph ,

    yeah i'm searching for a job now and i hope i could make it somehow .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sophea, you're welcome. Hopefully you will get a job. 😘

      Delete
  2. thanks for the beautiful words <3

    ReplyDelete

blog ini berbentuk blog personal yang berkongsi tentang kehidupan zizie, dan beberapa informasi yang berguna untuk manusia sejagat. sebarang bahan bacaan di dalam blog ini bebas untuk ditulis semula kecuali bahan yang berunsur peribadi dan merupakan hak milik zizie. pihak zizie juga tidak bertanggungjawab terhadap komen-komen daripada para pembaca.